Search This Blog

My Complications (BIG BIG PROBLEM LEH)

Some background. I first encountered my wife in Bangkok in year 2002. A friend introduced me to her and we have been in touch for years through phone conversation. I visit her quite often during 2004 in Maesai when she lost her job.

She is a Thai Yai. A politcal refugee from Myanmar who escaped into Thailand during an internal civil war between the Shans State and Myanmar Military Junta. She is holding a Green Card which states that she could not leave the state of Chiang Rai unless with proper papers from her district office in Mae Fa Luang.

When we found out she is pregnant with our baby. We were worried.

First, my wife current status does not grant my baby full Thai citizenship on birth. My girl will be granted only when she is 15 years or more and she studies in Thailand plus proof from other Thai citizens that she is indeed born and studied here.

Second, we can't get married. This is due to the fact that there are no laws in Thai legal system that allows a Thai Yai to marry a foreigner. The law states she could marry another Thai Yai or even a Thai national. But no laws were in place for her to marry a foreigner like me. So we could not register under Thai Marriage Law.

The above 2 problems gives me a situation that I could not apply for a type 'O' dependent visa for my stay in Thailand. An O visa is that I could stay in Thailand for a year and report every 3 months. All I need is a marriage certificate with a Thai or a birth certificate of my baby (which should be a thai national) to apply for one. Both citerias not met, which means I have to stick to Tourist Visa and do a visa run every month to Myanmar. Luckily, Maesai is just next to Myanmar. But now, Thai Law has changed again. Visa runs might not be possible anymore.

So my wife and baby are currently stateless. I tried going back to Singapore to get my baby a citizenship or even a PR. The immigration too, rejected my application as we are not married. I explained my situation to them that we could not get married due to the laws there and I could not bring her out to another country to get married too as she is stuck in Thailand. What a joke, I thought they want us to have babies but they are just as ruthless.

Anyone can help?

4 comments:

HH said...

The goverment only want babies to be born in Singapore. (so they get earn some profit, e.g deliveris charges, education charges etc etc) or they only want Foreign Talents with big pockets to bring in their money.

Anonymous said...

Have u seek help from MP?

Anonymous said...

What a joke, I thought they want us to have babies but they are just as ruthless.


no, they are not ruthless but meticulous and thorough about the rules.

also it is not true that they want just any babies,if you like any old how,becos if they wanted to they could have easily brought in millions from china or india.

sorry there must be good reasons for the rules.take care.

Unknown said...



Nhạc Thành thầm nghĩ, đây không phải là khoa trương, nếu có thể tu luyện tới cảnh giới cuối cùng thọ cùng thiên địa cũng không phải là việc khó.

- Ta cũng không biết là thật hay giả, lúc ấy cả ta cũng động tâm, thần bí lão nhân kia nói tu luyện ma công thì phải hủy tu vi, hủy diệt đấu khí thì mới tu luyện được, sau đó cửa Thúy Phong Cổ nham đóng lại ta liền rời khỏi đó.
dongtam
mu private
tim phong tro
http://nhatroso.com/
nhac san cuc manh
tổng đài tư vấn luật
http://dichvu.tuvanphapluattructuyen.com/
văn phòng luật
tổng đài tư vấn pháp luật
thành lập công ty
http://we-cooking.com/
chém gió
trung tâm ngoại ngữ
- Nhưng tên Đoan Mộc Cuồng đó thì ở lại trong đó mười năm, mười năm sau Đoan Mộc Cuồng rời khỏi nói với Tứ Đại Nhân Tộc và Tứ Đại thú tộc rằng nếu như tề tựu chín viên liên linh châu lại thì sẽ làm tăng được huyết mạch trong tộc, lúc ấy Tứ Đại Nhân Tộc và Tứ đại thú tộc đều đồng ý, ta cũng biết trong cổ động kia có quỷ dị nên phản đối Nhạc gia tham gia, kết quả trong tộc không đồng ý, ta tức giận rời khỏi Nhạc gia, về phần chuyện sau này ta cũng không rõ lắm.

Nhạc Thiên lão tổ nói.

- Ban đầu ta cũng đồng ý, có thể tăng cường huyết mạch của người trong tộc, đối với mỗi gia tộc quá trọng yếu.

Vũ Văn Lê từ từ thở ra một hơi.