Search This Blog

I killed my puppy...

My puppy died! F**k myself for being so careless. Pookie (her name given by my wife) was playing on the main road herself(she is small and can crawl through a crack in the front gate.) I caught her and gave her a timeout in their cage. (She share a cage with her mum).

She was then whinning (she always whin when I punish her) all the time for half and hour and I ignored her. Only when she starts to stop, I went to the cage and saw her head trapped between the cage's door. I freed her but she was not as acitve as usual. I thought she was in shocked so I left her alone for a while. 15 mins later I checked on her and she was heaving breathlessly. I called my wife immediately. She went to the neighbour for help. The dear lady checked her and said she's quite ok, maybe in shock as there were no physical wounds. 10 mins later, I went to wash our clothes (the washing machine is just beside the cage) and saw her vommiting blood! We again called our neighbour and she and her husband said she is dying. Apparently, her throat was injured by the trapped cage.

A few minutes later, she passed away (all of us were with her till she left). I found a piece of white cloth and wrapped her remains. We then left to the open field near our house and buried her there.

We did cried a bit. Think Xinhui was crying because mummy is crying... Cindy however is still not sure what happened. A few more days and I think she will miss her baby. Really not in a good mood now.

2 comments:

MatthewYapKianHua said...

Puppy lost liao still can have another one...
Being bad mood is not being able to free oneself from attachement and self blame. All things come to an end, it's only how fast it happens... So saty mood a while so you can stay alive longer...

axeral said...

Thanks for the consolation. Anyway we are coming out of it... just a bit shocked and sad that it just "pass on" away like dat..