Search This Blog

Another year passed and still waiting

I think those who follow my blog would understand the title of this post. Its 2nd of Aug and its my birthday again. It has been 6 years plus since I met my wife and we are still waiting on the status for my wife.

To refresh those who never read the beginning. My wife is born in Thailand but without a birth certificate. And worst still is that she was born near the borders at Maesai which makes things even more complicated. Her status now is actually Thai Yai (2nd class citizenship) which she is confined in the state of Chiang Rai. If she needs to get out of the state. She needs to prove her employment at her Amphue. In this case, at Mae Fa Leung. There are over ten thousands such people like her in Thailand holding this bullshit status. They were often bullied and forced to work as cheap labourer or as sexual workers. My wife is a bit lucky to meet someone in Bangkok to help her out in her store (thats where I met her).

We came back to Maesai when we had our girl and we had been trying hard ever since to sort out her citizenship. She is Thai but do not have Sian Chart (or Thai Citizenship). So we cannot get married and she cannot leave the country. My daughter and son is currently stateless too as Thai law will only grant them citizenship if they are over 12. So apparently if my wife's status is not changed. They will only get their citizenship when they reached 12.

So that's a kind of a summury of my predicament in Thailand.

NOW the good news so far. WE managed to get in touch of an EXPERT in all these sort of things and we are slowly progressing to get the citizenship for my wife. So far it looks promising but I don't want to jump to conclusion as we had a lot of such false hopes so crossing our fingers, we will be going back to the Amphue this coming Tues to Kor Sian Chart (ask for citizenship). The soothsayer wife spoke to say my son will be bringing us good luck. So cross my fingers....


6 comments:

HH said...

Fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

unbelievable

FatBoi IN MaeSai said...

To Anon@12:56am
Its not unbelievable... just the cold hard truth that not only bothers me and my family and others too... there are a lot of ugly and sad stories I can write about Thailand but not at this moment..

Anonymous said...

happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

i am also currently dating a girl with the "Thai Yai" status, we have plans to get marry. I am a Malaysian.
It is indeed a heartache to read thru the painstaking process that u r goin thru... talkin bout 6 years...
really in need of ur valuable advice. I will be in Maesai 2nd October 2009 to visit her. Please advice.
Cheers!
Michael

Anonymous said...

sorry... i forgotten to leave down my contact... im the previous commenter, my email is songm@hotmail.com