Search This Blog

Our new pet(s).

The (s) is in a parenthesis because I plan to take one out and cook it for dinner.. ;P.  Here's the story.  My son, due to some reasons, loved the birds.  He stares and adores at the colourful birds in Jurong Bird Park and I think he is attracted to the colourful feathers.


The funny thing is my silly wife bought some clay like sculptures of roosters and the boy love it.  He loved it so much that one day while shopping around, he saw one that was as tall as him and he cried all the way until my silly wife gave in and bought the thingie without my knowledge (I was in Samui doing my TEFL).


Then a week later (while I'm still in Samui).  Wife's cousin who adores my boy bought the real thing..... A rooster from a local market.  It has no name so when I was back.  I was introduced to this new family "member".  Of course I am not happy with it.  Initally it will be fun but then I will be the one looking after it.  (Just take a look at my dog Cindy, wife bought it but never bothers about her now :@


Then another surprise, just 2 days ago, another cousin brought in another one.  This one is much prettier and cute.  So I told the kids we can only keep one and we need to give the other one away or kill it for supper :P


Girl girl already gave a name to the pretty one, his name is "KoKo Crunch".  So I say ok, the I will slaughter the one without a name.   She then said that one has a name too.  It's "Gad Tai" (rabbit in Thai).....


"When did you named him that?" I asked.  "Now! So it has a name and you can't kill it!" replied my girl....


Anyway, I am adjusting to the new pet(s).... Both of them are already pals and they sit and walk together, even bloody do their cocka doo dle doo in the early moring. :( Here's a short video of them I took.



I still want to cook "Gad Tai" for dinner though...  Need to plan that some other time.. hehe


 


4 comments:

anoymousrald said...

Spare the chicken, try to accumulate merit by not killing.

HH said...

Time to teach you kids responsiblity. Teach them to care for the rooster and tell them if they don't you will cook them for dinner. Think it will work this time? Hehe...

anoymousrald said...

songkran soon

anoymousrald said...

Happy Songkran.