Search This Blog

Singapore Science Centre

I went to Singapore Science Centre(SSC) today with my photography master and his family. His son especially enjoyed the trip.

To my surprise, SSC really have transformed itself and I actually enjoy the exhibition. I remember the last time I visited the place was when I was in Sec 1. Thats more than 18 years ago and the presentation style has really changed. Some of the displays are not working actually but most of them are well maintained. The only grudge is that there are too many children running around. What to expect, its the school holidays. We only managed to browse through half of the displays on the first level before we hit the Omni Theatre. The 40min show on dinosaurs is a bit boring. The screen is huge but the narration was poor (some deadpan reader). I actually slept halfway through the film. Really a waste of money and time.

Still, I actually feel like going there once more to explore the rest of the exhibits. Its really quite good and I do enjoy Science experiments and they are actually providing a lot of simple yet interesting experiments for visitors to explore. Most probably I plan to go in July when the kids are back in school and on a week day.. hehehe. Anyone wants to join me?? :P

3 comments:

HH said...

Yes the science center has indeed changed. The last time I was there was like 3 years ago! Haha... its one of those National Education thing that we RESERVIST got to go for free.

The only problem was there were too many overgrown adults (NSMen) running around and we literally concurred the OMINEX theater. Should look at the faces of those member of public when they see throne of NSmen charging into the theater.. haha...

Well only problem with Science Center is "in is located in the middle of no where".

Balonglong said...

Science Center.. haaa? still got people 1 2 go eh? wah i was there like err sec 1 le...
thanks 4 the update.....

Mr Balonglong

Anonymous said...

i went to the "new" science center ... Macdonald's only to talk to client on financial planning...haha...

but i want to go there to see the chinese invention exhibition that's going on.