Search This Blog

I am surprised!!

The intention of this blog is actually to inform my friends in SG about my issues and life in Thailand. Basically, whenever I go away for sometime, my friends would asked me about what's happening to me and I get tired of repeating myself. Thus the birth of this blog. :)

But recently, there was a spike of activity on my blog. Not sure for whatever reasons, my readership increased quite a lot for the pass 2 months.. Maybe its the business guide (still yet to be completed) entry.

Anyway, I'm glad to learn I'm not the only odd person from SG that plans to reside in a developing or third world country as most Singaporeans would prefer to migrate to the States or Australia.

I'll try to post more information regarding Thailand from nowadays for these new audiences and if you have any questions, do just post a comment on the latest post. I always read my comments and if I have the answer, I will definitely help you out. However, sometimes I may take more time to reply as I am still adjusting myself to my new job in SG.

Thanks again for visiting my humble blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyway, I'm glad to learn I'm not the only odd person from SG that plans to reside in a developing or third world country as most Singaporeans would prefer to migrate to the States or Australia.



that is a naive and outdated idea. most of us have stayed in the developed west, and not like it. it is also more expensive. singapore is hotel california, govt is getting rich people to come over, the prices of everything will shoot thru the roof in the years to come. you will need lots of moolah to retire well in singapore, medical costs for eg are inflated becos too highly qualified doctors doing the job needs to be compensated more than normal qualified doctors who could have done the job at lower cost. other expenses that will be shooting thru the roof, are transportation, food, entertainment (surcharge 10% plus 7% and going UP) etc.

regarding the point abt business in thailand, nobody has a better, bigger database of forum contributions than thaivisa, imho. almost everything is covered there.
cheers everyone.

axeral said...

well.. I think the main point is that they are greener pastures for "peasants" like us in these countries, especially when we are old and unable to get a job... hehe

yes, you are right about thaivisa.com 's forum... whole loads of info from visas to job opportunities... I frequent there too :)

Anonymous said...

You are right about picking up residence elsewhere. I am, rather I did. Singaporean, now living in europe (and loving it) and planning to live somewhere in thailand after husband pensions.

You made a good decision.