Search This Blog

On March 18, 2010 at 12 noon

I received a call from my wife informing me that in her hands, are the documents and new photo id.  Declaring her and my kids to be a full fledge citizens of Thailand.


I just woke up from my sleep actually (I was working night shift last night) so I was half awake and half sleeping when I received that call.  I actually went back to sleep without thinking much.. I thought I was dreaming  :P. But I re-confirmed it just now when I woke up. Immediately gave my wife a call and she said "I'm at home celebrating already!"  


So it hit me. For 5 long years I have waited for this day to come and it came in such a very short notice.  The last update was that they are going up to the Amphur today to get a number but everything was completed in the first half of the day (A very first for me that the Thai officials worked so fast :P).  Normally it will take a day just to even sign a bloody form....


Can't really explain my feelings now.... hands are a bit shaking and still wonder if this is a dream hahahahaha... I actually felt a bit dissapointed as I'm not physically there with my wife today....


So now I have tons of things to do in Thailand.  My options are threw wide open.  I am no longer bounded by my current predicaments.  There are other problems to solve but at least I don't get the answer of "not able to do it" due to my wifer's stateless issues.


It will be a day I will remember forever and its such an easy to date to remember.  March 18.  Just 2 months before my girl's birhtday (May 18).


So just one to declare one more time.  On March 18, 2010.  My wife and kids are stateless no more.  They are citizens of Thailand. :D


 


4 comments:

Callan Tham said...

The hardest part is over, and I'm sure your son's birth cert won't be as much of a fight as your wife's status. Congratulations!

HH said...

Yeah hope all is downhill from today onwards!

anoymousrald said...

stay hopeful . this too shall pass.

Kelvin said...

wow i missed your great news! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!