Search This Blog

Computer Phobia.

Its been hectic since I came back from Thailand and I have also restarted my exercise regime. Most of the off time I had was to spend time with friends and watch movies. I don't even touch my computer at homes nowadays. I have been staring at 2 screens daily 12 hours straight for the pass week and I guess the phobia is kicking in.

So today, surprisingly I need to check up on some info. Thus came by to log an entry. Our department is also having a company trip to Bintan on 2nd and 3rd of Aug. Our Aug shift schedule is also out and I was a bit surprised that I am working more day shift then night....

Day shift is hectic as there are more calls but I think its also better as I could plan my exercise regime better for the coming month. Still, most probably there will be changes in my schedule as some colleagues will be clearing leave. So I guess no need to plan so much. everything will go chaotic again....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there any house or apartment for rents for a few months near the mae sai- tachilek border area? I mean,near to the main road leading to the immigration checkpoint.

axeral said...

You can check out Maesai Condo which is actually a building with an apartment. I'm not too sure with the rates but it should be about 2000 to 10000 per month. Depending on the size and location. I would rather you look out for guest houses that offer better rates although they are furthur away from the main road. You could then rent a motorbike to get around the town.

Some area around the border you could try is Tam Pah Jom or Khor Shai area. Khor Shai is turn right from Hotel Wang Thong and continue down the little road which you will hit some slums and houses. Its not really good and they rent them mostly to Burmese workers. Tam Pha Jom is the opposite direction from the Immigration building (turn left). Just follow the road along the street market furthur down and you will hit some guest houses and hotels. Walk furthur down you will hit the area Tam Pha Jom. There are houses but there are also Hawng Tiaos (basically shop houses) that are available for rental(much cheaper). But the bottom line is that you need to speak Thai to bargain with the owners. Once you speak English, I guess you will find your rent 2 to 10 times more expensive.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a million for the updates. Actually, my wife used to live there for quite a number of years and she is rather familiar with the places. However, I wanted to be on the safe side when it comes to living in Mae Sai.